MILLIONS of Sri Ayyappa devotees visit the hill temple every year. Since the temple is located within the Tiger Reserve Area and the forest, there is limitation of space to accommodate the surge of pilgrims. It becomes imperative to optimize land utilization to provide required facilities and amenities for safe and happy pilgrimage.
A COMPREHENSIVE SABARIMALA MASTER PLAN has been prepared (by IL&FS-Ecosmart) with the objectives of planned overall development of:
• Sannidhanam area, the abode of Lord Ayyappa on the mountain top
• Pampa – the river front and the Pampa area
• Trekking paths to the hill top
• Development of base camp facilities at Nilakkal
• Development of feeder towns/places like Erumeli, Pathanamthitta, Vandiperiyar etc. and
• The approach roads to Sabarimala