Lord Ayyapa devotees who wish to go to Sabarimala temple observe vritham or follow certain austerities during the mandalam season(41 days). The main Aim of the vritham is to purify the mind and the soul. Since Lord Ayyapa Is a “Brahmachari”, every devotees must have to follow ”Brahmacharyam” during these days.
Austerities during 41days
• Waking up early and having bath
• Visiting nearby temples and give offerings
• Devotees take food only after bathing and praying
• Devotees try to consume fresh and homely food
• Non-Vegetarian food should totally avoided during these days